U.S Embassy Youth Council and YUWA in partnership with Onion Films has organized this Short Film Contest for all the film making enthusiasts. Since video has been a powerful medium in giving information and awareness.
The 16 Days of Activism against Gender Violence is an international campaign originating from the first Women’s Global Leadership Institute coordinated by the Center for Women’s Global Leadership in 1991. The 16 Days Campaign has been used as an organizing strategy by individuals and groups around the world to call for the elimination of all forms of violence against women by various ways.
The theme of the 16 days activism is “Challenging Conflict and Ending Gender Based Violence”. The sub themes for the movies are:
– Domestic Violence
– Sexual Harassment
– Street Harassment
– Gender Discrimination
– Conflict and Gender
– Child Marriage
– Grand Jury Award: Rs. 15,000
– Silver Award: Rs. 10,000
– Audience Choice Award: Rs. 5,000
Contest submissions will be assessed on content relevance (35%), creativity (35%) and performance quality (30%).
The audience present in the film screening will vote for their favorite video on selected top 10 video for the “Audience Choice Award”.
Nov 30th 2014: Video Contest opens.
March 4th 2015: Deadline to submit application and films.
March 14th 2015: Closing and winner announcement.
– Entry is open and free of cost.
– The length of film must be minimum 5 min and maximum 10 min.
– In submitting an entry, you acknowledge that films you have submitted is your own work. It should not contain any trademarks, logos, copyrighted materials or any other intellectual property belonging to any third party.
– Films will not enter in the contest if they have previously been broadcasted in any television channels, YouTube and participated in any film contest.
– The film produced after 2013 is only eligible.
– If the language of film is not English then it should have English subtitle.
– Organizer may use the films clips, pictures for the promotional purpose.
– Organizer holds all rights to screen and use all the films for non-commercial purpose but the credit will be given to film-makers.
– The video quality must be in HD ( 720p or 1080)
How To Participate?
– A complete application form must be submitted but multiple submission is not accepted. Click Here To Fill Up the Form
– Entries for selection will be accepted either in DVD or pen drives and they can directly drop to organizer’s office or courier.
For more information, PLEASE CONTACT:
60, Nirajan Bikram Marga
Bhimsengola Kharibot -34
GPO 8973, NPC 593
Click here to find other amazing opportunities for you