Are you under graduated student and 18 to 25 years of age?
Then this is an amazing opportunity for you!
Duration: 5 weeks
Deadline: December 15, 2014
Type: Fully Funded
Note: Last year six young people were selected from Nepal for this program.
Candidates nominated for this program will:
– be proficient in English;
– be interested in the topic of New Media in Journalism;
– be between 18 and 25 years of age;
– have at least one semester left of their undergraduate studies, and therefore be committed to returning to their home universities following completion of the program;
– demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities;
– indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
– demonstrate commitment to community and extracurricular university activities;
have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country;
– be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
– be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel; and,
– be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
The U.S. Embassy in Nepal is pleased to announce a call for applications for the Study of the U.S. Institutes for Students (SUSI).
The Study of the U.S. Institute for Student Leaders in New Media in Journalism is an intensive short term academic program. Its purpose is to provide groups of undergraduate student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States, while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills.
The five-week SUSI Program will consist of a balanced series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures. The coursework and classroom activities will be completed by educational travel, site visits, leadership activities, and volunteer opportunities within the local community.
The participants are expected to be highly motivated first through third year undergraduate students from colleges, universities, and other institutions of higher education, who demonstrate leadership through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
firstly Click here to download application.
Secondly, Fill the application form and send Application to cultureKTM@state.gov
Click here for more information.